The Mentor refrigerant identifier plays an important role in helping to protect automotive air conditioning systems and service and recovery equipment from potential damage caused by the potential, and unknowing use of illegal refrigerants. The recovery of contaminated refrigerant can damage expensive service and recovery equipment, potentially leading to expensive repair bills or even scrappage. Mentor will prevent contamination of your refrigerant supply from illegal contaminants from refrigerant cylinders and customer vehicles, therefore stopping cross contamination of other vehicles with these illegal contaminants.
• Accurately analyses R1234yf and R134a.
• Identifies R1234yf, R134a, R12, R22, HC and Air as contaminates.
• Designed to meet SAE standards
• Provides VDA and SAE output.
• Rechargeable Lithium battery.
• Minimal loss of refrigerant during tests.
• Molded hand grips either side rear of case.
• Contaminant resistant numeric keypad.
• LCD graphics display.
• USB communications.
• Replaceable Oil Contamination indicator in front panel.
• CE, EMC certifications
Refrigerants and other vapours identified = R1234yf and R134a
Design Standard = SAE J2912
Sample Type = Vapour only
Sample Weight = Less than 5 grams per test
Operating temperature range = +10 °C to +49°C
Sensor Type = NDIR – Non-dispersive Infrared
Operating Time on Fully Charged Battery = 8 hours minimum or approximately 200 tests
Expected oxygen sensor lifetime = 5 years
Test Cycle time (purge + test) = Typically, 140 seconds
Communication portal = USB 3.0
Printer Communication = Bluetooth 4.2
Stored test results capability = 50 tests
Weight = 1.4 kg / 3.1 lb
A wireless ‘Bluetooth’ printer is available for use with our Portable Refrigerant Identifier.