TM44 Air Conditioning Energy Inspection
Air Conditioning Energy Assessment
The Government have introduced mandatory air conditioning energy inspections – Don’t get caught out!
To avoid breaking the law, here’s what you need to know:
- These inspections are legislative and are required by law under the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD) ‘Statutory Instrument 2007-0991’.
- If the building has a combined total of 12kW or more cooling and/or heating provided by air conditioning system(s), then you are legally required to carry out and register an air conditioning energy inspection in accordance with CIBSE TM44.
- The person with ‘operational control’ of the system is responsible for ensuring the inspection takes place. This is normally the building owner or tennant, however the responsibility may be passed to suitable staff of contractors who have been delegated with ‘operational control’ of the system.
- The inspection should be completed every 5 years from the date of installation to ensure you are complying with the new regulations.
- 4th January 2009 – the DEADLINE by which persons with operational control of air conditioning systems with an effective rated output >250kW (that were first put into service before 1st January 2008) must be in possession of an Air Conditioning Assessment Report.
- Air Conditioning systems installed before 1st January 2008 must have had their inspection by 4th January 2011.
- All inspections must be lodged on to the national database with effect from April 2012.
- Failure to comply with the law may result in you being investigated by Trading Standards and/or receiving a penalty notice. Under current legislation, the penalty for failing to produce an energy assessment certificate is up to £300.00 per day of non-compliance.
Red Dragon Air Conditioning offers Level 3& Level 4 Air Conditioning Energy Assessments to companies throughout the UK.
For further information and no obligation quote please call us on:
Bridgend: 01656 743661