£395.00 + VAT with optional second day of practical training
This qualification provides professional development for Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump (RACHP) engineers involved in the application of flammable refrigerants.
The course duration is 1-Day of theoretical training with an on-line, open book assessment at the end of the day. However, there is also the option to attend a second day of training where learners get to put the theory learned on day 1 into practice. The cost of the second day of practical training is £300.00 + VAT, but places are limited to a maximum of 4 so please book in advance.
This short Level 3 nationally recognised regulated qualification approved by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB), will enable the RACHP professional engineer to gain a better understanding of Health & Safety Regulations applicable to the safe use of flammable refrigeration gasses when planning, installing, commissioning and decommissioning of RACHP equipment, the learning outcomes covered are listed below: –
The learner will:
- Understand the different classes of flammability as recognised by legislation, safety standards such as BS EN 378, ISO5149, BS EN 60335 and manufacturers’ instructions.
- Understand specific health and safety
- Understand the legislative and organisational procedures for installation, servicing, maintaining and decommissioning of these refrigerants in RACHP systems
- Understand the differences between different refrigerant classes in a variety of RACHP systems
- Understand the procedures for planning and preparing for work on RACHP systems
- Be able to plan and prepare for work on RACHP systems
- Understand the specific requirements for installing and testing RACHP systems
- Understand service and maintenance procedures
- Be able to service and maintain RACHP systems
- Understand the decommissioning procedures for RACHP systems
Who Is This Course For
This is aimed at F-Gas qualified engineers who work on systems containing Hydrocarbons (A3) and Flammable Refrigerants (A2L & A2). To enrol on this course you must be experienced in working with refrigeration and air-conditioning systems and must hold an in-date (within the last 5 years) F Gas Category 1 or 2 Certificate.
Identification of hazards associated with flammable refrigerants including:
- upper and lower flammability levels
- sources of ignition
- practical limits
- state the location classification and charge limits for RACHP systems
- specific requirements for installing and testing A2L, A2 and A3 systems
- service and maintenance of A2L, A2 and A3 systems (including de-commissioning)
Course Dates 2023
9th & 10th May 2023
30th & 31st October 2023