5 Days £945.00 + VAT
This 5 day Air Conditioning Installation Course with F Gas Category II is ideally suited to personnel with allied trade qualifications such as a NVQ Level 2 or above in Gas or Plumbing or for those with previous air conditioning/refrigeration experience. This is the most popular version of the F-Gas course for new entrants into the air conditioning and refrigeration industry with a successful pass rate of over 97%.
This air conditioning course provides a good balance between theoretical and practical ‘hands-on’ training with successful candidates being certified to carry out work on air conditioning, heat pump and refrigeration systems containing less than 3.0 kg of fluorinated refrigerants.
Personnel who meet the entry requirements but without previous refrigerant handling qualifications or sufficient air conditioning & refrigeration experience, are advised to attend this 5-day course prior to attempting the F-Gas Category I course.
- The learner will know the fundamental principles of thermodynamics.
- The learner will know the environmental impact of refrigerants and corresponding environmental regulations.
- The learner will be able to carry out checks before putting in operation, after a long period of non-use, after maintenance or repair intervention, or during operation.
- The learner will be able to check for leakage.
- The learner will be able to handle the system and refrigerant during installation, maintenance, servicing or recovery in an environmentally friendly manner in accordance with the regulations.
- The learner will be able to put into operation and maintain reciprocating, screw and scroll compressors, single and two-stage.
- The learner will be able to install, put into operation and maintain air cooled and water cooled condensers.
- The learner will be able to install, put into operation and maintain air cooled and water cooled evaporators.
- The learner will be able to install, put into operation and the servicing of Thermostatic Expansion Valves (TEV) and other components.
- The learner will be able to build a leak-tight piping system in a refrigeration installation.
- The learner will know the information on relevant technologies.
This F Gas Category II course is a Level 3 qualifications designed for learners working within the Refrigeration and or related service sector. Learners wishing to undertake the F Gas Category II qualification must hold a recognised qualification in Refrigeration, Heating & Ventilation or other related industry sector (e.g. Gas or Plumbing) or have a minimum of 2 years auditable experience working within the Refrigeration or Heating & Ventilation sector. Candidate who do not meet the pre-requisites, will need to attend an in-house pre training course prior to attending the F Gas Category 2 course.
All learners must have a good practical working knowledge of different soldering and brazing methods to undertake this type of work.
Learners registered on and undertaking an apprenticeship or qualification which has a requirement for Category I or II F-Gas classification are exempt from the published pre-requisites above.
Category III & IV are Level 2 qualifications and have no pre-requisites, they may be undertaken by any learner after initial assessment by the approved centre.
EU Mutual Recognition ‘Cancelled’ Article 10 of the EU F-Gas Regulation, (EU) 517/2014, requires that Member States give mutual recognition to certification of suitable qualifications from other EU countries, however with the UK now leaving the EU following BREXIT, this is no longer the case. UK F-Gas qualifications are no longer recognised in EU member states.
Course Dates 2021
19th – 23rd July 2021
20th – 24th September 2021
18th – 22nd October 2021
8th – 12th November 2021
29th – 3rd December 2021